Eating Out and Staying on Plan
"What do I order and stay on plan?" I get this question ALL the time! And I’m kind of a foodie and I like to go to restaurants and love to try new things! So here’s a list of my favorite restaurants and what I order.
- Grilled Nuggets with a Super Side (Kale Salad) - E meal (the dried cherries make this an E)
- Cobb Salad with Grilled Nuggets and Avocado Lime Dressing - S Meal (the fat in the the dressing and cheese on the salad make this an S) Now, you can always pick a different dressing, but the Avocado Lime Ranch is my fave!!
- Burrito Bowl with Brown Rice, Black Beans, Grilled Chicken, Grilled Veggies, Pico de Gallo, Lettuce, Onion, and Guacamole. Oh, and you have to squeeze a lime or two over the bowl, it makes it so much better! I only eat half of this and save the other half for later. I’m pretty sure if you eat all the rice and beans you’d be over your 45g of carbs limit. And that would make you off plan, and we can’t have that! This is a XO for me because I love the Guacamole, but you can easily cut the Guac and make this a straight E full of great carbs with brown rice and black beans.
- Sirloin Steak with a Chopped Blue Cheese Pecan salad (or a regular house salad with ranch dressing no croutons) and Steamed Broccoli - S meal because of the fatty meat, cheese and dressing. (This is a pretty standard meal at any steakhouse).
Saltwater Grill (Local Lawton, OK, restaurant) Oh my gosh, favorite new place in Lawton!
- Grilled Tilapia, Grilled Zucchini & Squash, S
- You can also do any of the grilled proteins they have shrimp, salmon and more! So delicious. Have I mentioned I really like this place? LOL
McDonald’s (yes, there is something you can eat at Mickey D’s!)
- Southwest Salad with Grilled Chicken and I always add extra chicken with the Southwest dressing - S meal because of the cheese and dressing.
- Panda Bowl with Mushroom Chicken and Grilled Veggies - FP meal, I’m pretty sure this is a Fuel Pull because it’s low in fat and carbs. Now, I could be wrong, and it may be an S because of the fat. But either way it’s totally on plan!
- Panda Bowl with Broccoli Beef and Grilled Veggies - S meal because of the fat in the Beef.
Silver Spoon (another local Lawton favorite)
- Gourmet Burger with no bun and a side salad with ranch or house dressing. This burger is amazing and in my opinion is the best burger in town, it’s topped with provolone cheese, bacon and avocado! MMMM!!!! - S meal because of the fat in the burger, cheese, bacon and avocado! I may need to go soon and get one! Who wants to go with me?
- Double Double Protein Style - They wrap this burger in lettuce for you and leave off the bun. Sorry, they don’t have a side that’s on plan, so I usually get two! Oh and I ask for grilled onions!! Mmmm!!! The last time I went to Dallas, I’m pretty sure I went twice! S meal because of the fatty meat and cheese and sauce.
Olive Garden (yes, you can eat at Olive Garden!)
- Chicken Alfredo over Broccoli instead of pasta. )They will do this for you! Just be kind and ask politely! 😃) with a house salad (sorry, you do have to skip the breadsticks. If bread is a serious temptation for you, you may want to skip Olive Garden until you can resist) - S meal because of the fat in the Alfredo and the salad dressing.
Los Tres Amigos (Local Lawton Mexican restaurant)
- Number 13 - Tacos Al Carbon - Fajita Steak, Corn Tortillas, Pico de Gallo, Lime with pinto beans, no rice. This is a XO meal because of the carbs from the corn tortillas and pinto beans and the fat from the fajita steak. You don’t want to do a lot of Crossovers if you’re trying to lose weight, but every once in a while is totally fine. Every once in a while means like once or twice a month not once or twice a day! lol. But sometimes you go to a Mexican restaurant and you can eat without the guilt.
- Fajitas with corn tortillas and pinto beans. Same applies as the above meal. Now if you can nix the tortillas all together and order chicken, this could be a good E because of the low fat in the meat and the good carbs in the beans.
- Flat White - S drink because of the fat in the Milk. Need it sweet? I carry a little container of liquid stevia in my purse! (skinny girl is my favorite brand so far and you can get it at Walmart). Just squeeze a little in your coffee and you’ve got a yummy, sweet, non-sugary drink!
And there you go! So maybe I didn’t list one of your favorite restaurants, please comment below and I’ll add to this list. When in doubt you can always order grilled protein (fish, chicken, steak, etc…) steamed veggies and salad with ranch dressing. It’s an easy S meal that you can find at almost every restaurant.